Adebola Babatunde is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a wealth of experience in several high-value transactions, including the sale of a hospitality business, issuance of bonds, sukuk and fixed income funds, banking, financing of infrastructures and petroleum operations, development of infrastructures under PPP frameworks, and power.
Having worked as an in-house counsel in a petroleum marketing company where he advised and assisted the company on legal and regulatory matters, he balances legal advisory service with commercial awareness. He has previously worked in the law firms of Ukiri & Lijadu, Kola Awodein & Co., ‘Bola Ige & Co.
He is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association, and an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria.
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Real Estate
- Bachelor of Laws Degree, Obafemi Awolowo University
- Advised a property management company on various transactions including establishment of an IPP.
- Advised clients on compliance with the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation.
- Advised the Osun Sukuk Company Plc on restructuring its N4 billion sukuk.
- Member of the team that advised a fund manager on the issue of a N1 billion open-ended shariah compliant fund.
- Member of the team of the lead solicitors to the Osun State Government on the issue of a total of N41.4 billion infrastructure bond and sukuk.
- Member of the team that advised an insurance company on restructuring its Y315 billion bonds with options.
- Member of the team of local counsel to an international commercial bank as a mandated lead arranger on a US$250 million crude oil pre-export financing of Orion group.
- Advised on the establishment of refineries; acquisition and management of oil rigs.
- Advised on a 120 MWp solar project under a PPP with the Kogi State Government.
- Member of the team that advised a State Government on energy saving contracts (Solar electricity).
- Advised on the establishment of mining companies and acquisition of mineral titles.
- Advised multinational construction companies on establishing companies in Nigeria and developing infrastructures and real estates in Nigeria under PPP frameworks.
- Member of the team that advised a consortium of investors in partnership with the Lagos State Government on the development of a Drug Manufacturing factory.
- Member of the advisory team of the Federal Government of Nigeria on the concession of the narrow-gauge railway lines.
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria